FAMILY VACATION ideas and/or plans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North Carolina 2011- Please leave questions or comments here

5 posters

Go down

North Carolina 2011- Please leave questions or comments here Empty North Carolina 2011- Please leave questions or comments here

Post  Derek Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:05 pm

**EMAIL from my parents**

Moriarty Alumni,

Jacki and I saw a large 12-bedroom house (online) on the beach in Surf City, North Carolina that would be perfect for a huge family vacation in July of 2011 (9-16 Jul 11). According to the website, the house sleeps 32. For planning purposes, here’s the breakdown:

Kelleher’s - Joe, Kelly, Jamie, Cameron, Brittney & Lance, Nicholas, April, Tyler & Uli, Elena & Dennis – 12

Moriarty (Florida) – Kevin, Jacki, Michael & Aiden, Derek, Mandi, Hailey – 7

Rose’s – Bud, Maureen, Ryan, Tara, Casey, Kaitlin – 6

Sears – Jody, Brian, Kylee - 3

Moriarty (Mass) Sean, Lois, Patrick, Samantha, Brendan, Molly, Madison – 7

Mom & Colleen, Mark & Cindy – 4

The house is $9,990/week. If you divide that by 32 people (some of the above will likely change or drop) it’s $313 per person. So if you factor in about $2,500 for food (mass BBQ’s) etc, that’s ~$400 per person. If you are a family of 7 this comes to $2,800. Sounds like a lot, but there is (assuming you get paid every two weeks) 40 paydays between now and then. Again, using the family of 7, that would be a savings account deposit of $70 ($10 per payday per person) a payday from now until departure. Extra savings needed for beer, gas, and excursions!!!

By the way, we couldn’t have guessed or picked a more centralized spot…only 778 driving miles from Niceville and 786 miles from Millville. The house (only one example, I’m sure there a better deals out there) can be see at http://www.findrentals.com/22754.html.

Who’s in? Any other suggestions? Does anyone have Maureen or Buds email address?

555 days to go.

Happy New Year

Love,

Kevin & Jacki
Derek
Derek
Admin

https://ourfamilyvacation.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

North Carolina 2011- Please leave questions or comments here Empty RE: NC

Post  Kevin Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:34 pm

Sounds good to me. Does anyone have everyones email addresses?

Kevin

http://www.greenshamrock.net

Back to top Go down

North Carolina 2011- Please leave questions or comments here Empty Re: North Carolina 2011- Please leave questions or comments here

Post  Derek Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:54 pm

Hey guys make sure if you are posting a comment or reply to the Summer house/ North Carolina thing it's in this thread not the Cruise thread. Also make sure you are clicking post a reply not new topic
Derek
Derek
Admin

https://ourfamilyvacation.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

North Carolina 2011- Please leave questions or comments here Empty Sean's family is in on this one...

Post  SeanMoriarty Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:20 pm

finally got on.. Yes, we are interested in doing this.. We've always wanted to do a road trip!

SeanMoriarty

Back to top Go down

North Carolina 2011- Please leave questions or comments here Empty Re : Family Vacation - Road Trip

Post  Jacki Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:40 pm

Yeah, Sean & Lois, so glad you guys are on board. This will be so much fun! Smile

Jacki

Back to top Go down

North Carolina 2011- Please leave questions or comments here Empty NC 11

Post  Lance Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:31 am

I finally got on. This whole idea sounds really good. How are you all doing?

Lance

Back to top Go down

North Carolina 2011- Please leave questions or comments here Empty Re: North Carolina 2011- Please leave questions or comments here

Post  Jacki Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:00 pm

Lance - glad to hear your on board, this vacation will be so much fun Smile We are all doing well, how about you? Kind of stinks having to go back to work, but at least we can look forward to another family vacation.

Jacki

Back to top Go down

Post  Lance Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:19 am

Hey Jacki, I am doing well. Brittney just got home last night from California so she is getting back to the real world lol. School starts soon but the vacation will always make me look on the bright side!

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum